The Automobile and Fashion Museum: A Cultural Attraction in Málaga
The Automobile Museum Málaga is a museum that showcases a private collection of more than 100 vintage and classic cars, as well as over 200 haute couture pieces and accessories from different periods and styles. The museum is located in the old Royal Tobacco Factory, a historical building from the 1920s that has been restored and adapted to host this cultural project. The museum aims to offer a comprehensive and educational view of the history, design, technology and glamour of cars and fashion.
A Thematic and Chronological Exhibition
The Automobile museum Malaga is divided into 13 thematic areas that correspond to different eras and trends in the history of cars and fashion. Each area displays a selection of cars from prestigious brands such as Bugatti, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and others. The cars are exhibited in their original condition or restored with original parts. Some of the cars have been customized by famous artists such as Sonia Delaunay, Andy Warhol or Salvador Dalí.
Along with the cars, each area also displays a selection of fashion items that match the style and spirit of each period. The fashion items include dresses, hats, shoes, bags and jewellery from renowned designers such as Chanel, Dior, Balenciaga, Schiaparelli, Yves Saint Laurent and others. The fashion items are exhibited in mannequins or showcases that recreate the atmosphere and context of each era.
The museum also offers a glimpse into the social and cultural aspects of each era, such as the role of women, the influence of cinema and music, the environmental challenges and the technological innovations. The museum provides information panels, multimedia displays, interactive games and audiovisual projections that complement the exhibition. The museum also provides audio guides in different languages that explain the history and stories behind each car and each fashion piece, as well as their creators and owners.
Explore The Automobile Museum of Malaga
- Belle Epoque: This area shows the cars and fashion from the late 19th century to the early 20th century, a period of optimism, prosperity and innovation. You can see cars such as a 1898 Hurtu Quadricycle or a 1906 Renault Frères Taxi de la Marne. You can also see fashion items such as a 1900 Worth ball gown or a 1910 Poiret turban.
- Art Deco: This area shows the cars and fashion from the 1920s and 1930s, a period of elegance, glamour and modernity. You can see cars such as a 1925 Hispano Suiza H6B or a 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Sedanca de Ville. You can also see fashion items such as a 1925 Chanel little black dress or a 1930 Schiaparelli lobster dress.
- Dolce Vita: This area shows the cars and fashion from the 1950s and 1960s, a period of prosperity, leisure and hedonism. You can see cars such as a 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz or a 1966 Jaguar E-Type. You can also see fashion items such as a 1955 Dior new look dress or a 1967 Courrèges space age suit.
- Dream Cars: This area shows the cars that represent the dreams and fantasies of their owners and creators. You will be able to see cars such as a 1953 Cadillac Series 62 Coupé by Ghia or a 2010 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport. Another great thing is to see cars that have been customized by famous artists such as Sonia Delaunay, Andy Warhol or Salvador Dalí.
- English Tradition: This area shows the cars and fashion that reflect the elegance, refinement and tradition of the British style, such as a 1937 Bentley Derby Drophead Coupé or a 1964 Aston Martin DB5. Also on display are fashion items such as a 1947 Hardy Amies suit or a 1966 Mary Quant miniskirt.
A Place for All Audiences
The Automobile and Fashion Museum is open from Monday to Sunday from 10:00 to 19:00. The entrance fee is 9.50 euros for adults and 4 euros for children and seniors. The museum also offers a combined ticket that includes access to other museums in Málaga, such as the Russian Museum or the Pompidou Centre. The museum’s website provides more information on the prices, discounts and promotions.
The museum also organizes guided tours, workshops, lectures and other events for all audiences. The museum offers educational programs for schools and groups that cover different topics related to cars and fashion, such as mechanics, restoration, photography or modelling. The museum also offers cultural activities for families, adults and seniors that aim to stimulate curiosity, creativity and learning. The museum’s agenda on their website or social media provides more details on the dates, times and reservations.
The Automobile and Fashion Museum is a unique place that presents an impressive collection, an original concept and a dynamic approach. It is a place where visitors can discover the history, the beauty and the creativity of cars and fashion. It is a place where visitors can enjoy, learn and be inspired.